GSICS Research Working Group - Sub-Groups
Following our initial success with GEO-LEO infrared and users’ demand for further inter-calibration products, GSICS is aiming to expand to cover other instruments and other parts of the spectrum.This requires the development of multiple techniques appropriate for different spectral bands.It is difficult for one person to keep abreast of all the developments in each of these areas, let alone guide the development of future products.So the GRWG are defining Sub-Groups and define a chair for each, seeking consensus agreement.
Sub-group chairs shall be selected with complementary fields of expertise
- to lead the development of inter-calibration products
- or review algorithms developed by 3rd parties
- and help ensure GSICS principles, file naming and variables conventions are followed
- for specific classes of instruments and/or applications.
Sub-group chairs shall be responsible for:
- organising and chairing portions of agenda of annual GRWG meeting as well as web meetings,
- monitoring actions related to the development of inter-calibration products in their field.
Potential New Sub-Groups:
- Archive Re-Calibration of Historic Instruments - so support FCDR Generation
- Use of Synthetic observations for inter-calibration (NWP/RAOB+RTM)
- 19 Oct 2015