GRWG/GDWG Web Meeting 2012-12-19
GRWG Web Meeting: The Moon and More Desert Targets
- Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT) SEVIRI Solar Channel Calibration - latest results
- Bertrand/Patrice (CNES) - Preliminary results of the SEVIRI calibration in SADE database
- Dave Smith (RAL) - Calibrating the solar channels of ATSR
- Bartolomeo Viticchie (EUMETSAT) - Systematic extraction of lunar images from Meteosat/SEVIRI data
- Sophie Lachérade (CNES) - Lunar Calibration - A new method for the Pleiades radiometric absolute calibration
- All - The way forward for GSICS Research Working Group activities on Deserts and the Moon
Chair: Tim Hewison
CMA: Li Yuan, Min Min, Xu Na, Sun Ling, Yong Zhang, Scott Hu
CNES: Bertrand Fougnie, Patrice Henry, Sophie Lachérade
EUMETSAT: Tim Hewison, Sebastien Wagner, Bartolomeo Viticchie, Rob Roebeling
JMA:Tetsuro Kurita, Hiroaki Tsuchiyama, Keita Hosaka, Ryuichiro Nakayama, Kenji Date, Masayuki Sasaki, Masaya Takahashi
NASA: Dave Doelling, Gerhard Meister (at EUMETSAT)
NOAA: Fangfang Yu, Bob Iacovazzi
RAL: Dave Smith
UAH: Dennis Bechler
USGS: Tom Stone
Main Issues from 2012-11-28 Web Meeting
How to separate effects of BRDF, Atmosphere & SRF?
Analysis of SCIAMACHY data
Characterise desert sites spectral BRDF/Validate RTM
Use of SADE database?
Action: CNES to provide CEOS and GSICS members with the directional model computed by CNES for Libya-4
the technical note will be ready (draft version) by the end of this week
Action: CNES to provide Dave Smith with a mean Hyperion profile over Libya-4 for comparison with GOME and SCIAMACHY
to be done (period of averaging to be defined)
Issues from 2012-12-19 Web Meeting
Analysis of MODIS dataset from BJ Sohn?
Spatial and Temporal Variability
Characterise current sites, refine them, select new ones
RAL kindly offered to derive Spectral Band Adjustment factors for different instruments based on GOME2 obs of Libya-4
Please Provide D.Smith with SRFs of the channels of interest
Development of ATBD for inter-cal using Rayleigh method
CNES will analyse MODIS first results first, then tie other instruments to these
Development of ATBD for inter-cal using sunglint method is still needed
What limits accuracy of Moon position predictions?
How to quantify uncertainty using Deserts & Moon as inter-calibration transfer targets?
Towards Common Processing of Lunar Observations?
Processing lunar observations from archive data?
Tying ROLO to absolute standards input to NIST? Use of SADE database?
Input to IVOS? Future cooperation?