GRWG IR Sub-Group Web Meeting 2016-09-08
GSICS Web Meeting on Reference Instrument Traceability Report
Template for Report on Traceability and Uncertainty of GSICS Infrared Reference Sensors
CNES: Denis Jouglet
- Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) - Introduction and recommended coverage factor, summary of previous meeting
- Denis Jouglet (CNES) – Review of spectral averaging methods
- Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) – Inter-comparison database
- Dave Tobin (SSEC) – Populating database with IASI-CrIS comparison results
- Manik Bali (NOAA) - Comparisons of IASI-A and AATSR
- All - Agree contributions, timeline and next steps
EUMETSAT: Tim Hewison (Chair), Dorothee Coppens
NASA/JPL: Steve Broberg
NOAA: Fangfang Yu, Fred Wu, Manik Bali
SSEC: Dave Tobin
Denis Jouglet (CNES) to apply spectral averaging method to calculate static weightings for generating 10cm-1 pseudo channels for AIRS-IASI comparison over 3 year period (2013-03-01/2016-03-01) - and consider application for CrIS
Dorothée Coppens (EUMETSAT) to look at impact of CrIS
responsivity changes related to apodisation.
Dave Tobin (SSEC) to regenerate comparison results in 10K bins over 3 year period (2013-03-01/2016-03-01), describe method and share raw SNO results.
Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT) to regenerate comparison results in 10K bins and redo double-difference analysis, expressing results in BT, radiance and % radiance.
Manik Bali (NOAA) to investigate adding incidence angle matching to AATSR-IASI comparison, with weighting according to the variance of the SNO radiances.
Manik Bali (NOAA) to review outline
for report on Traceability and Uncertainty of GSICS Infrared Reference Sensors and propose how his AATSR-IASI analysis could be included/referenced.