GCC Web Meeting: Planning 2019 GSICS Users Workshop
This webmeeting to be held on 8 Aug 2019 (7-8AM EST i.e 11 AM UTC i.e 8 Pm Tokyo Time) (scroll below how to participate in webmeeting) is to prepare for the GSICS Users Workshop 2019. We would like to take views from participants about topics we should cover and also relay information regarding logistics at our disposal for the GUW.
- Manik Bali (NOAA) – Review of previous Users Workshops - Lessons learned - Aims for 2019
- Group discussion - How can we make the Users Workshop better?
GUW Chair: Larry Flynn/Manik Bali
EUMETSAT: Tim Hewison Viju John
ESA: Paolo Castracana and Raffaele Crapolicchio
JMA: Masaya Takahashi, Arata Okuyama
Hamburg Univ: Martin Bergdorf
NOAA: Fangfang Yu, Lawrence E Flynn, Quanhua Mark, Ralph Ferraro, Manik Bali and Likun Wang
We agreed to the following format for the agenda for the UsersWorkshop2015 :
Introduction to GSICS (Purpose, organization, WMO documents)
· Summary of GSICS products (From agency annual reports) including GEO-Ring
· Applications of GSICS products
· GSICS Research Working Groups (purpose and activities)
· GSICS Data Working Group (purpose and activities)
· GSICS at the agencies and WMO (GPRCs, Instrument landing, event and monitoring pages, OSCAR)
· GSCIS Coordination Center (Products, Meetings, GUMS, Newsletter, Actions, Wiki)
Building Climate Data Records using GSICS Algorithms ( IMICA , FEDUCEO)
How do we simplify GSICS Product Documentation- A Discussion
Several topics related to topics to be covered were discussed. The meeting would have space for 8 presentations of 15 mins each. Two scenaris were discussed.
1.To have a 10 min presentation +5 mins of discussions
2. To have 1 hr of presentation with 1 hr of discussion
Manik Bali received actions.
Action: Manik to check with organizers if there is space for GUW posters
Response: Liam Gumley would let us know in the coming days
Action: Manik to check with organizers if remote participation is possible
Response received from Liam ( summarized below)
Logistics for the GUW
- Location: Manoir Saint-Sauveur same as ITSC-22,
- Venue: Will seat up to 200 people in classroom format.
- Time: We have penciled in the time for 6:30 - 8:30 pm on Friday night (Nov. 1)
- Wifi Available
- Webex possible