GRWG Web Meeting 2013-08-14
GSICS Web Meeting on DCC - Part 2
- Agenda and goals for GEO DCC algorithm implementation, David Doelling (NASA)
- DCC BRDF characteristics produced by SBDART model for COMS visible calibration, Min-Jin CHOI (NMSC/KMA)
- Implementation of DCC algorithm for MTSAT-2/Imager, Masaya Takahashi (JMA)
- On the comparison of NOAA and NASA DCC selections and the implementation of DCC algorithm for GOES, Fangfang Yu (NOAA)
- Review of DCC algorithm for implementation on SEVIRI, Sebastien Wagner (EUMETSAT)
Guest Chair: Dave Doelling (NASA)
CMA: More than 20 people!
EUMETSAT: Tim Hewison, Sebastien Wagner, Bartolomeo Viticchie, Rob Roebeling
JMA: Masaya Takahashi
KMA: Dohyeong KIm, Minjin Choi, Eunhee Lee, hoseung Lee, Tae-Myeong Kim
NASA: Dave Doelling, Raj Bhatt
NOAA: Fangfang Yu, Manik Bali, Wenhui Wang
UAH: Denis Beuchler
- Raj Bhatt to compare DCC BRDF models to locate the most isotropic angular bins and to compare derived temporally stability.
Currently he has Hu, CERES, CNES PARASOL, All BRDFs to be archived at GSICS.
- Fangfang to provide Raj the DCC BRDF from BJ Sohn for several spectral bands.
- KMA to provide Raj their DCC model for COMS and MODIS ch1 and Ch2 for COT=200 and Re 20µm,
KMA to verify if this is the dominant MODIS COT and Re for the DCC identified pixels.
- Raj Bhatt to consider monthly MODIS reference radiances within each GEO domain to account for seasonal cycle.
Obtain monthly climatology over the first 3-years of Aqua-MODIS data over the most stable part of the record.
- Raj Bhatt and Fangfang to work out differences associated with G15 radiance to temperature conversion,
scanline time computation which may impact SZA, spatial standard deviation, space count subtraction.
- Fangfang to find optimal PDF statistic, sampling threshold and histogram bin size.
- JMA to compare NASA DCC method with JMA RT simulated method.
- All GPRCs are welcome to propose improvements to the DCC method at the next DCC meeting part 3 this Fall.